Hosting an international student is a culturally enriching and mutually beneficial experience for both student and host parent. Host parents will gain an in-depth understanding and hands-on personal experience of foreign culture and customs brought by y]the international student, while offering the student an opportunity to learn about American culture. By living with a host family as family member, the student can gain knowledge and experience that cannot be learned in a classroom or from watching TV or theater.
Host families are expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Owner of individual home, townhouse or condominium
- Able to pass background check and no criminal record of child abuse
- Aspire to have enriching intercultural experience with students
- Provide loving, caring, safe and supportive home environment for teenagers for 10 months of each school year
- Have a dedicated, separate, and individual bedroom and bedding set for student
- Feed student like their own son or daughter
- Treat student as their own family member and child in virtually every aspect of family life
- Able to provide transportation to and from school every weekday and sometimes extracurricular and athletic activities as necessary after school
We offer a generous housing stipend to host parents to offset the cost of hosting a student. For more details about hosting students and financial compensation, please contact our local coordinator.
Inquire today about becoming a host family.